Process plus training
ICD-10 has upped the ante for physician billing; coding rules are more stringent than ever before. Physicians need to know how to document and facilitate claims that demonstrate medical necessity and pinpoint the exact services delivered using the most accurate modifiers.
Care, coding, and compliance
These three Cs of good billing – care, coding, and compliance – are at the foundation of ACCN’s billing process.
- We give our clients tools and strategies for documenting the care their physicians provide.
- We help physicians sharpen their coding skills.
- We make sure the claims we submit on our clients’ behalf comply with the rules and regulations of Medicare and other payers.
ACCN Billing helps your doctors help us by providing:
- Physician billing forms to make it easy for physicians to fully document their services
- Physician training on billing guidelines and how to code using ICD-10
- Online resources to help physicians stay up-to-date on compliance updates and other issues
Customized reporting provides a clear picture of your billing and more:
- Easily review claims and revenue by payer and by physician
- Benchmarking comparison provides a measure of physician staffing and quality of care by comparing your physician visits per bed against data from other, similar providers
- Receive your reports monthly or on a schedule you request
A process that works.
Physician visit audit
1. Physician visit audit
Periodic visit documentation review helps confirm that physicians are maintaining compliance in completing their visit notes.
2. Physician training
In-person or webinar training by our experienced team of expert coders and billers, plus references and tips to keep documentation standards high.
Physician billing forms
3. Physician billing forms
Billing forms serve as a template to help physicians keep compliance in mind as they complete their documentation.
4. Payer billing
Timely, accurate billing based on care, coding, and compliance.
Outstanding claims follow-up
5. Outstanding follow-up
We follow up on all outstanding claims and complete the rare rebill or provide additional documentation to promote good cash flow.
Benchmarking & reporting
6. Benchmarking & reporting
Reports are clear, making it easy to track claims and revenue, and are customized based on your needs.